Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
View the Infographic
School Leadership and Governance
Leadership can have a transformational effect on schools and their students. A meta-analysis of studies into school leadership showed that students perform 22 percent better under an outstanding Principal than under one who is merely average.
But school leadership is not viewed as a prestigious career in Indonesia, and salaries are relatively low, deterring some of the brightest candidates. Hiring procedures are inconsistent, training is poor and oversight lacking.
This provides clear opportunities for improvement through:
- Rethinking the role of Principals, to serve as mentors rather than administrators
- Taking a schools-based approach to reform underperforming systems rather than focusing on Principals alone
- Providing training to new Principals, many of whom join from outside the education system, and doing so in a way that avoids them losing face
- Providing opportunities for school leadership to share best practices and relevant data
- Providing support to school leadership to improve their schools, rather than just increased accountability
For a detailed analysis of leadership in Indonesian schools click here
For more on the areas of opportunity to improve school leadership click here
Other Areas of Focus
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.